Cd Baby User Agreement

As a musician or artist, you may be looking for a reliable platform to distribute and sell your music online. CD Baby is one such platform that has been around for over two decades and has helped countless artists to share their music with the world.

However, before you sign up for CD Baby, it is essential to understand their user agreement and the terms and conditions that govern the distribution and sale of your music on their platform.

Here are some key points to consider when reviewing CD Baby`s user agreement:

1. Rights Ownership

When you sign up for CD Baby, you retain full ownership of your music rights. However, CD Baby is granted a non-exclusive license to distribute and promote your music on their platform.

2. Distribution Agreement

CD Baby offers a distribution agreement that allows you to distribute your music to various digital stores, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, and Google Play. You will be required to pay a one-time fee per album or single for this service.

3. Royalties

CD Baby pays artists 91% of the royalties earned from the sale and streaming of their music on their platform. The remaining 9% goes towards administrative fees.

4. Termination

You may terminate your account with CD Baby at any time by providing written notice. CD Baby also reserves the right to terminate your account if you breach any of the terms and conditions set out in the user agreement.

5. Indemnification

You agree to indemnify and hold CD Baby harmless from any claims, damages, or expenses arising from your use of their platform or any breach of the user agreement.

6. Governing Law

The user agreement is governed by the laws of the state of Oregon, where CD Baby is headquartered.

In conclusion, CD Baby`s user agreement is a standard agreement that governs the distribution and sale of your music on their platform. As a professional, it is important to note that understanding the terms and conditions of any platform you use is crucial for your success as an artist. We recommend that you consult with a legal professional to ensure you fully understand the implications of signing up with CD Baby or any other platform for that matter.